PLEASE NOTE: Dykema does not accept unsolicited submissions, for paralegal opportunities, from search agencies (with or without a contract with our firm). Agencies are welcome to request approval for a submission by emailing a blind summary of candidate to the recruiting contact.
Office: Washington, DC
Position: Paralegal - Litigation
Our Washington, DC office has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal, with at least five years of paralegal experience, preferably in a medium to large size firm environment. Paralegal degree preferred. In this position, the paralegal will be a part of our litigation department and support various types of cases including product liability, class action defense, and commercial litigation nationwide. This position requires interaction with clients, vendors, outside counsel, and lawyers and staff in other Dykema offices; therefore, effective communication is essential. In addition, desired skills and experience include:
- High level of comfort with technology, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ECF, and Relativity;
- Cite-checking, Bluebook proficiency (trial and appellate briefs);
- Familiarity with medical records and ability to prepare medical chronologies;
- The ability to work independently, be creative, and take initiative;
- Reliability, attentive to detail, and excellent organization skills;
- The capability to work effectively and efficiently within a team driven environment and the ability to prioritize assignments and delegate when necessary;
- Experience assisting with interviewing witnesses, collecting and organizing information and documents;
- The ability to handle document reviews and production;
- Experience in trial preparation and assistance at trial.
Competitive salary and benefits package, including parking stipend. Qualified candidates should forward cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume to: