Areas of Practice
- Michigan, 1980
Wayne State University, J.D., 1980, summa cum laude
- Editor-in-Chief, Law Review
Wayne State University, B.A., 1977
- with high distinction
In the News
- November 20, 2013
- Survey Reveals Data Privacy, Counterfeit Goods and Compliance Among Issues that Most Concern Auto Executives WorldwideNovember 20, 2013
- October 30, 2013
- Twenty-Three Other Dykema Lawyers Identified as Rising StarsSeptember 5, 2013
- Dykema to Attend First-Ever Summit on Accelerating Innovation to Drive Sustainable Automotive Manufacturing Growth Across North AmericaFirm is Only Law Firm Member of Suppliers Partnership for the Environment—Co-Sponsor of Inaugural EventJune 10, 2013
- Will Address Legal Considerations of Conflict Minerals ActApril 22, 2013
- November 7, 2012
- Auto Industry Shows Signs of Recovery but OEMs and Suppliers Still Face Challenges in Supply Chain Management, Litigation and Privacy Issues Related to Connected Vehicles TechnologyOctober 17, 2012
- June 13, 2012
- May 16, 2012
- May 3, 2012
- April 10, 2012
- January 16, 2012
- October 10, 2011
- June 23, 2011Torque News
- June 1, 2011Mergers & Acquisitions
- May 20, 2011The Deal Magazine
- June 29, 2010Women Legal
Aleksandra A. Miziolek, the Director of Dykema's Automotive Industry Group, has established a practice that focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and SEC disclosure matters, primarily for companies in the automotive and transportation industries.
She counsels publicly and privately held companies on general corporate matters, joint ventures and other strategic alliances and cross border transactions. In addition, Ms. Miziolek advises public companies and their boards of directors, including special committees, on SEC disclosure issues as well as in corporate governance and fiduciary duties. She is based in Detroit and handles clients nationwide.
Ms. Miziolek has held a variety of key management positions at Dykema, including having served on the Firm's Executive Board. She also has directed the Firm's Business Services Department, where she oversaw more than 100 lawyers throughout the country in three separate practice areas including Corporate Finance, Tax and Bankruptcy. In 2006, she formed Dykema's enterprise-wide initiative with Public Private Partnerships. She came up with the idea for, and carried out, in co-sponsorship with the Detroit Regional Chamber and Deloitte, the Inaugural Michigan P3 Summit. This event featured P3 experts from across the country including: the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), Macquarie, Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts (KKR), etc. She has served as Director of the Firm's Associate Development Program during which time she developed and refined Dykema's first mentoring program.
Under her guidance, Dykema's Automotive Industry Group, which includes lawyers throughout the Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C. and Michigan offices, has taken a leadership role in key automotive industry events, including sponsorship of Autobeat Insider, a new website and conference series that provides visitors one-stop access to the latest auto news, the best industry data and the most insightful analysis about important automotive trends. She also has significantly expanded the Firm's automotive client base. As a result of her extensive work in the automotive sector and firm belief that professionals must have a deep understanding of the industry they serve, Ms. Miziolek created the Dykema Automotive Institute, a monthly forum for industry experts who deliver presentations on current automotive industry topics.
Ms. Miziolek is a frequent speaker and recently moderated the Keynote Panel for the Crain's Detroit Business General Counsel and In-House Counsel Forum and created the first annual "Women in Automotive" Dream Cruise Event, which offered women executives and attorneys in the automotive industry an opportunity to network and make new contacts in the automotive space. She is routinely recognized as a leader among her peers, most recently being named to Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, a designation that recognizes less than five percent of women lawyers.
- Ms. Miziolek and her team at Dykema were cited by one automotive client, Ford Motor Company, for managing an extremely complex series of transactions involving the purchase and orderly divestiture of 23 facilities of Visteon Corporation, a major global automotive supplier. She was instrumental in the timely and successful completion of this complex $7 billion transaction which involved the survival of the supplier.
- Disposition of global suspensions and brake business, fuel rail, camshaft, businesses in cross border transactions for a variety of Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- Acquisition of safety system, technology coating, plastic injection molded components, and aftermarket parts in cross-border transactions for a variety of Tier 1 suppliers
- Counsel to Special Committee of a NYSE-listed automotive Tier 1 supplier in connection with review of strategic alternatives
- Advice to a number of Tier 1 automotive suppliers in connection with SEC disclosure and governance matters
- Acquisition of portfolio companies for international PE firm in infrastructure-related space
Seminars & Speeches
- May 15, 2013
- September 20, 2012
- June 23, 2011
- "Automotive Collaborations—The New Normal"October 30, 2012Financier Worldwide.com
- 2012 Automotive Institute Survey ResultsOctober 17, 2012Dykema Publication
- July 3, 2011Autobeat Insider Perspectives
- May 20, 2011The Deal Magazine
- July 11, 2009DerivActive MuniMarket Pulse
- July 11, 2008Underground Infrastructure Management
- June 2008Detroiter
- Active in community and professional organizations, Ms. Miziolek serves on several boards as a director or advisor, including the Citizens Research Council of Michigan. She also lectures on transactional and P3 matters in the classroom as well as at business forums.
- Ms. Miziolek is a member of the Advisory Board for the Women's Caring Program, a nonprofit organization focused on providing childcare subsidies for low-income families.
- Ms. Miziolek also serves on the Board of Directors of the Inforum Center for Leadership.
Awards & Recognition
- Named a Leading Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer by Chambers USA, 2006-2013
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2005-2014 for Corporate Law, Corporate Compliance Law and Corporate Governance Law. Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- Named a Top Lawyer by dbusiness Magazine for Corporate Law, 2010-2014
- Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® for Mergers & Acquisitions, Securities & Corporate Finance, and Business/Corporate, 2007-2013
- Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers, Law & Politics, 2010
- Leading "Woman in the Law," Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2010
- Leader in the Law, Michigan Lawyers Weekly, 2009