Areas of Practice
- Siting, Zoning, Licensing & Energy Infrastructure
- Commercial Lending
- Structured Finance
- Energy Industry Group
- Electric Transmission
- Electric Cooperatives
- Alternative & Renewable Energy
- Energy Corporate
- Automotive Industry Group
- Energy Lending Transactions
- Automotive, OEM & Supplier Business Services
- Dental Service Organizations Industry Group
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
Marquette University, B.A., magna cum laude
Jeff Dalebroux is a Member of Dykema's Corporate Finance Practice Group. He served as Director of the Firm's Business Services Department for six years. He is also a former member of the Firm's Executive Board and former Leader of the Corporate Finance Practice Group. His practice focuses on business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and finance. Prior to its merger with Dykema in 2004, Mr. Dalebroux practiced with the Chicago firm of Rooks Pitts.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Infrastructure and energy transactions
- Corporate governance
- Commercial finance transactions
- Representation of several acquiring co-ops in acquisitions of generation and electric and gas distribution assets.
- Representation of purchaser of agricultural products company.
- Representation of transmission company in connection with strategic alliances and asset acquisitions.
- Representation of a cross border purchaser of swimwear company.
- Representation of purchaser of elevator business.
- Representation of seller of a water equipment division.
- Representation of purchaser of pump design and manufacture business.
- Representation of purchaser of food processor.
- Representation of a lender in several secured credit facilities made available to surface transportation borrowers.
- Representation of a lender in connection with a public private finance project.
- Representation of a U.S. retailer and its affiliated bank in multiple securitizations of credit card receivables.
- Representation of a U.S. retailer in the acquisition of an interest in a children’s furniture retailer.
- Representation of a European auto parts manufacturer in connection with the licensing of certain patented and other technology to U.S. manufacturers.
- Representation of a manufacturer in the sale of a subsidiary involving U.S., U.K. and R.O.C. operations.
- Representation of European interests in the acquisition of a controlling interest in a U.S. retailer.
- Representation of a U.S. auto parts manufacturer in connection with the formation of a joint venture with a carpet manufacturer.
Seminars & Speeches
- 11th Annual Mergers & Acquisitions Outlook Survey Results, Chicago, IllinoisOctober 29, 2015
- 10th Annual Mergers & Acquisitions Outlook Survey Results, Chicago, IllinoisOctober 30, 2014
- September 18, 2014
- October 30 and November 5, 2013
- JOBS Act Update Advertise your Private Capital Raise, Dykema SeminarOctober 2013
- Merge & Purge: Understanding Deal IR Strategies, Chicago Chapter of the National Investor Relations Institute (NIRI), panelistFebruary 13, 2013
- Transmission Outlook Panel, Infocast's 2nd Annual Projects & Money Conference2010
- Smart Grid Policy & Implementation Forum2009
- Private Money for Public Projects, Mackinac Policy Conference2008
- The Role of Infrastructure Funds, Platts 5th Annual Utility M&A Conference, NY2008
- Financing Trends, Association for Corporate Growth Chicago2007
- Trends in M&A, Association of Corporate Counsel2007
- October 24, 2016
- October 30, 2015
- "Transition Plans Should be Made Years in Advance," Co-AuthorMarch/April 2015Family Business Magazine
- October 31, 2014
- "Inducing Private Investment for Grids"March 2010EnergyPulse
- "To Build or Not to Build"July 2009EnergyBiz
- "Potential Regulatory Gaps in Energy Trading"March 27, 2009Energy Law360
- "The Time Is Right for a Renewed Focus on Energy"February 2009T&D Reliability
- "Evolution of Certain M&A Deal Terms in Energy Transactions"November 2008Electricity Journal
- "Evolution of the Energy Deal"August 2008Fortnightly's Spark
- March 27, 2008Law360
- "HOTS, TOTs, and PPPs-new acronyms to keep an eye on"February 14, 2007Detroit Legal News
- April 16, 2015
- Multi-Discipline Team Draws from Firm’s Practitioners in Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Tax and Estate Planning/Administration; Offers Full Complement of Services to Assist Closely-Held or Family Businesses in TransitionDecember 3, 2013
- Survey Findings Continue to Elicit Extensive Media CoverageNovember 22, 2013
- Presentation Will Feature Panel Discussion of Issues Influencing Economy, M&A Market in Coming YearNovember 1, 2013
- Industry Leaders More Optimistic About Deal-making Environment in the Coming YearOctober 31, 2013
- Offers Perspective on Trend in Which Businesses are Increasingly Choosing “Middle-Market” Law Firms Over Top 50 Law FirmsOctober 28, 2013
- Exclusive Preview Scheduled for Chicago, DallasOctober 22, 2013
- Dykema Co-Sponsors Series of Breakfast Seminars on New SEC Rules Authorizing Use of Advertising in Private Capital Raising EffortsFirm Partners with KPMG Corporate Finance for Sessions in Southeast Michigan, Chicago, MinneapolisOctober 14, 2013
- Multi-Discipline Team Will Assist Energy Clients with Issues Associated with Extraction of Oil and Gas from ShaleSeptember 26, 2013
- Will Share Insights Gleaned from Dykema’s 8th Annual M&A Outlook SurveyFebruary 7, 2013
- Industry Leaders “Cautiously Optimistic” About Dealmaking Environment in 2013December 6, 2012
- January 31, 2017
- June 29, 2015
- September 24, 2014
- September 17, 2014
- U.S. Department of Treasury Guidance Update to Section 1603 Program—Payments for Specified Energy Property in Lieu of Tax Credits—of the American Recovery and Reinvestment ActApril 7, 2010
- A Decade’s Worth of Data; Cautious Optimism for M&A and Economy Returns This YearOctober 30, 2014
- More Optimism for the M&A Market; Positive Outlook for U.S. EconomyOctober 30, 2013
- March 26, 2012
- June 17, 2010
- Co-leader of Dykema's Infrastructure and Project Finance Practice Moderates Transmission Panel at Infocast ConferenceJanuary 8, 2010
- October 21, 2009
Memberships & Involvement
Illinois State Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the areas of Corporate Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities & Venture Finance by Leading Lawyers Network, 2008-2016. Law Bulletin Publishing Company