Areas of Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
Notre Dame Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1996
- Notre Dame Legal Scholar
- Executive Editor, Journal of College and University Law
Amherst College, B.A. 1993
In the News
- Chuck LeMoine, Jill Vorobiev to Present at Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO) Annual ConferenceWill Share Insights on “Best Practices—Hiring and Firing School District Personnel”February 20, 2014
Jill Vorobiev is a member of Dykema's Labor and Employment Group resident in the Chicago office, with an emphasis on labor and employment litigation. Her practice covers a broad-base, representing corporate clients in state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies. Ms. Vorobiev's experience includes matters under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the False Claims Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the National Labor Relations Act, as well as various state and local discrimination and employment laws.
Ms. Vorobiev has extensive experience representing individuals and employers in trade secret misappropriation and noncompete cases in state and federal courts. She has also advised companies with respect to rejection and modification of labor contracts and retiree benefits and has worked on negotiations and litigation in bankruptcy matters.
In addition, Ms. Vorobiev regularly counsels and trains employers on federal and state labor and employment laws, civil rights laws, and compliance matters of all kinds. She has reviewed and drafted employment policies, executive employment agreements, noncompete and confidentiality agreements and severance agreements.
Memberships & Involvement
Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee Member
Board of Education of Community Consolidated School District 181, Vice President