Areas of Practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
Notre Dame Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1996
- Notre Dame Legal Scholar
- Executive Editor, Journal of College and University Law
Amherst College, B.A. 1993
In the News
- July 27, 2015
- June 15, 2015
- March 19, 2015
- November 18, 2014
- October 3, 2014
- Offers Insight into EEOC Guidance on Religious Garb and Grooming in the WorkplaceApril 30, 2014
- Jill Vorobiev Authors Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Article Addressing Employers’ Conundrum with Social MediaWhat Are Employer Limits to Disciplining Employees Who Use Social Media to Disparage Their Own Company?March 31, 2014
- Chuck LeMoine, Jill Vorobiev to Present at Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO) Annual ConferenceWill Share Insights on “Best Practices—Hiring and Firing School District Personnel”February 20, 2014
Jill Vorobiev is a member of Dykema's Labor and Employment Group resident in the Chicago office, with an emphasis on labor and employment litigation. Her practice covers a broad-base, representing corporate clients in state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies. Ms. Vorobiev's experience includes matters under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the False Claims Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and the National Labor Relations Act, as well as various state and local discrimination and employment laws.
Ms. Vorobiev has extensive experience representing individuals and employers in trade secret misappropriation and non-compete cases in state and federal courts. She regularly counsels employers with respect to restrictive covenant agreements. She has also advised companies with respect to rejection and modification of labor contracts and retiree benefits and has worked on negotiations and litigation in bankruptcy matters.
In addition, Ms. Vorobiev regularly counsels and trains employers on federal and state labor and employment laws, civil rights laws, and compliance matters of all kinds. She has reviewed and drafted employment policies, executive employment agreements, noncompete and confidentiality agreements and severance agreements.
Ms. Vorobiev joined Dykema in 2013 from the Chicago office of an AmLaw 100 firm.
Obtained summary judgment for employer on race, national origin, color and age discrimination and retaliation claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. (United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2012).
Obtained summary judgment for employer on national origin discrimination claim brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. (United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2012).
Obtained summary judgment for employer on sex and age discrimination claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Equal Pay Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. (United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2012).
Obtained summary judgment for employer on Title VII and Section 1981 retaliation claims. (United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2009).
Defeated motion for preliminary injunction in non-compete case. (United States District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2007).
Obtained Consent Decree and Final Judgment imposing injunctive relief in non-compete case. (United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2007).
Obtained appellate victory on behalf of employer affirming lower court decision granting summary judgment motion on Americans With Disabilities Act and ERISA claims. (Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2004).
Seminars & Speeches
- EEOC Charge Conciliation: Navigating On-Site Investigations, EEOC Conferences, Settlement Negotiations, Strafford WebinarDecember 15, 2014
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You - Best Practices from Pre-Hire to Post-Termination, IASBO 63rd Annual Conference, Schaumburg, IllinoisApril 30, 2014
- "Preparing for the new Cook County wage theft ordinance"March 30, 2015Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- "Implementing the New Illinois Pregnancy Fairness Laws"January 28, 2015Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- "Court to examine accommodations for pregnant workers"November 2014Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- November 2014Metropolitan Corporate Counselhttp://metrocorpcounsel.com/articles/30545/civil-rights-discrimination-under-affordable-care-act
- "Effective Non-Compete Agreements Require Careful Crafting by Employers"September 19, 2014Bloomberg BNA Daily Labor Report, 182 DLR-I-1
- “Court Decision on President’s Recess Appointments Creates Legal Tangle”July 28, 2014Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
- "EEOC Has Its Eye on Unconscius Biases Against Women in the Workplace"June 26, 2014InsideCounsel
- June 12, 2014InsideCounselhttp://www.insidecounsel.com/2014/06/12/unpacking-the-eeocs-increased-scrutiny-of-severanc
- "It's Internship Season, Employers, So Pay Close Attention to your ProgramsMay 29, 2014"Chicago Daily Law Bulletin"
- “To Conciliate or Not to Conciliate? The Company’s Defense to Early EEOC Suits”May 29, 2014InsideCounsel
- “Is the EEOC’s Focus on Background Check Policies on Shaky Ground?”May 14, 2014InsideCounsel
- “SCOTUS Extends Sarbanes-Oxley's Whistleblower Protection to Employees at Private Companies”May 1, 2014InsideCounsel
- “The EEOC Offers Guidance on Religious Garb and Grooming in the Workplace”April 17, 2014InsideCounsel
- “Can Disparaging Posts Prompt Employee Discipline?”March 26, 2014Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
Memberships & Involvement
- American Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee, Member
- Board of Education of Community Consolidated School District 181, Hinsdale, Illinois, Board Secretary