Areas of Practice
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Products Industry Group
- Automotive Industry Group
- Automotive, OEM & Supplier Litigation
- Pharmaceutical National/Regional Litigation Counsel Services
- Pharmaceutical Liability and Related Claims
- Pharmaceutical Commercial Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Consumer Protection, Fraud and Abuse
- Michigan, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 1996
University of Michigan, J.D., cum laude
Central Michigan University, B.S.
In the News
- David Graham and Kevin Zielke Co-Author Chapter for Successful Partnering Between Inside and Outside CounselJuly 27, 2015
- December 16, 2014
- April 1, 2011Smart Business Detroit
Kevin M. Zielke is the Leader of the Pharmaceutical Team and a former Practice Group Leader for Dykema's Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation Practice Group. He is a litigator based in the Firm's Detroit office. In his work for pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, Mr. Zielke combines a thorough understanding of the medical and scientific issues with his exceptional legal judgment to develop proactive and creative steps to anticipate, avoid and minimize the potential impact of litigation. Should litigation ensue, these skills allow Mr. Zielke to provide clients with the best factual and scientific defense. This experience has put Mr. Zielke at that critical point where the science, the facts, the regulatory environment and the company conduct intersect and the interplay of these elements must be carefully considered in formulating the most effective strategy.
- Gadolinium Based Contrast Agents Litigation. Represent Bayer in litigation regarding its gadolinium-based contrast agent, Magnevist® (gadopentetate dimeglumine). Member of national science and expert teams.
- Trasylol Litigation. Represent Bayer in litigation regarding its cardiac surgery drug, Trasylol® (aprotinin injection). Member of national science and expert teams.
- Phenylpropanolamine (PPA) Litigation. Represented Bayer in litigation regarding the use of PPA in its over-the-counter cough/cold treatment, Alka Seltzer Plus®. Member of national science and expert teams.
- Imitrex Litigation. Represented GlaxoWellcome in litigation regarding Imitrex® (sumatriptan succinate), a drug indicated for the acute treatment of migraine attacks with or without aura and cluster headache episodes.
Seminars & Speeches
- Medical/Legal Review—A Proactive Approach to Crisis Management, 5th Annual Drug and Medical Device Litigation Forum, Philadelphia, PA2009
- Reaching Today's Juror—High Tech Trial Tips & Techniques, Network of Trial Law Firms Supercourse, Scottsdale, AZ2007
- MDL & CAFA—Consistent Or Incompatible?, Network of Trial Law Firms Supercourse, New York NY2006
- "Food & Drug Administration Regulated Institutions: Drug and Medical Device Companies," A. Baker, D. Graham and K. Zielke, Co-Authors, Section 77A, Successful Partnering Between Inside and Outside CounselRobert L. Haig , Editor in Chief, Association of Corporate Counsel, Thomson Reuters, Authors: Anne Baker, David Graham and Kevin Zielke2015
- "The Plaintiff Bar's Latest Attack on Generic Drug Manufacturers: How a new FDA Rule Could Dismantle Recent Legal Victories"December 10, 2014Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor
- April 2011
Memberships & Involvement
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association