At Dykema, we bring decades of experience to our representation of financial institutions in a wide range of bankruptcy and insolvency issues. Our lawyers apply an interdisciplinary approach to craft solutions for commercial banks and other financial entities facing the challenges of insolvency-related matters.
We represent commercial banks, real estate investment trusts and other lenders that have made secured and unsecured loans to businesses that have encountered subsequent economic hardship.
Financial institutions benefit from our counsel and from the range of services we can deploy to reach successful resolutions of their insolvency-related issues. Our work in this area includes:
- Negotiating out-of-court workouts and forbearance agreements
- Restructuring loans
- Financing Chapter 11 debtors through debtor-in-possession financing and cash collateral orders
- Negotiating adequate protection for use, or prohibiting use, of a creditor’s collateral by a bankrupt company
- Recovering possession of a client’s property from borrowers both in and outside of bankruptcy cases
- Proposing and confirming plans of reorganization or liquidation on behalf of creditors in cases under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code
- Foreclosure sales under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- February 27, 2017
- November 16, 2016
- January 18, 2013