Dykema’s employment attorneys combine decades of experience, careful research and creative thinking with their understanding of your business to tailor solutions to the unique labor and employment challenges faced by your organization. Our attorneys understand that avoiding disputes through compliance, training and prevention, is often preferable to needless and expensive litigation or arbitration.
We offer comprehensive guidance on employment issues including:
In addition to one on one counseling, Dykema offers seminars and training programs for clients facing particular workplace challenges, and issues timely electronic alerts when developments in the law occur that have practical implications for your business.
- Assisted large charitable organization in implementing reduction in force necessitated by decline in contributions, including counseling regarding WARN and COBRA implications of layoff and potential alternatives to reduction in force.
- Investigated allegations of sexual harassment by Chief Executive Officer of privately held corporation on behalf of the Board of Directors and made recommendations regarding necessary corrective action and policy changes within the organization.
- Counseled utility client through merger involving two workforces represented by two separate unions with two very different collective bargaining agreements. Dykema was able to negotiate one labor agreement to cover the employees represented by the different unions with identical benefits, pension, seniority, and wage structure without a work stoppage or interruption.
- Counseled large nonprofit organization through investigation of harassment and discrimination claims, as well as termination of accused with release of all claims.
- June 9, 2014
- Robert Boonin to Speak at Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Annual Conference & ExpositionMay 21, 2014
- May 15, 2014
- April 30, 2014
- Jill Vorobiev Authors Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Article Addressing Employers’ Conundrum with Social MediaMarch 31, 2014
- Bonnie Mayfield—Key Presenter at 2014 International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Midyear MeetingFebruary 21, 2014
- Chuck LeMoine, Jill Vorobiev to Present at Illinois Association of School Business Officials (IASBO) Annual ConferenceFebruary 20, 2014
- February 4, 2014
- January 31, 2014
- December 9, 2013
- August 14, 2013
- February 20, 2013
- January 7, 2014
- November 21, 2013
- "Court to examine accommodations for pregnant workers"Chicago Daily Law BulletinNovember 2014
- "Unpacking the EEOC’s increased scrutiny of severance agreements"InsideCounselJune 12, 2014
- An Employment Triple Threat: New OSHA Regulations, New Wage Hour Regulations, and Use of Independent Contractors, South Texas Manufacturers AssociationAugust 23, 2016
- Women's Issues in the Workplace, Moderator, Pasadena, CaliforniaSeptember 2015
- EEOC Charge Conciliation: Navigating On-Site Investigations, EEOC Conferences, Settlement Negotiations, Strafford WebinarDecember 15, 2014
- October 16, 2014
- Exploring Legal Issues Affecting Employers and Offering Proven Solutions, Dykema Employment SeminarNovember 15, 2011
- November 10, 2010