Dykema tax lawyers understand the complexities of a shifting tax landscape. We provide up-to-date counsel to a diverse group of corporate and nonprofit clients, as well as high-net-worth individuals on innumerable federal statutory tax requirements. Our comprehensive tax services include strategic solutions to both routine tax issues and the most complex federal tax challenges.
Federal Tax Planning
Tax planning is a cornerstone of sound business practices. For business entities and high net worth individuals, we offer complete tax planning services. Our deep understanding of the statutory and economic implications of complex business transactions guides us in helping clients successfully minimize and manage their tax exposure. We thoroughly assess the potential tax impact for clients involved in establishing, buying, selling, restructuring, or liquidating a range of businesses, so that they can limit their tax liabilities. We monitor new opportunities for deferring or reducing tax liabilities for corporations and pass-through entities, including limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations and work with them to develop and appropriately implement strategic tax plans.
Dykema’s tax planning services include:
- Analysis of the tax consequences and structuring of mergers and acquisitions from both buyer and seller perspectives.
- Evaluating tax-free reorganization options.
- Helping tax-exempt organizations obtain and maintain their exempt status.
- Tax-exempt financings.
- Tax planning related to bankruptcies and workouts.
- Obtaining private letter rulings.
Federal Tax Litigation
We have considerable experience in litigating tax cases. Vigorous advocates for clients involved in adversarial tax proceedings, we pursue and achieve positive outcomes for clients facing audit controversies, administrative proceedings and litigation in all state and federal forums. We have:
- Successfully represented a broad range of clients in connection with audits and appeals on income, gift, and other matters before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Handled federal audits that resulted in no tax deficiency.
- Resolved federal corporate income tax disputes.
- November 13, 2014
- January 23, 2014
- July 8, 2013