Since 1964, Dykema’s lawyers have been advising participants in the investment management industry. Our clients have included: investment companies (public and private), such as mutual funds, closed-end funds and hedge funds, including those sponsored by banks or insurance companies; insurance companies offering variable annuity and variable life insurance products; investment advisers for investment companies, other institutional clients and individuals; broker-dealers, including those serving as principal underwriters for the issuers of, or as selling dealers for, investment products; and other investment service providers, such as custodians, administrators and transfer agents.
Our investment practice attorneys have broad experience with the provisions of the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other regulatory provisions that apply to investment companies and other participants in the investment management industry.
Our services include advice and assistance in connection with:
- Design of mutual fund and variable annuity and life insurance products for sale at retail or to qualified retirement plans or in private placements, and the structuring of distribution and other business arrangements for these products.
- Compliance issues under federal and state securities laws and, where applicable, ERISA and tax and insurance laws in connection with the design and distribution of investment products.
- Formation of business entities.
- Registration statements for investment companies and investment advisers and for issuances of securities under the federal securities laws.
- Exemptive relief from regulatory requirements by means of formal applications or by requests for SEC staff interpretive and “no-action” positions to accommodate innovative approaches to the provision of investment services.
- Agreements among participants in investment services programs for investment advisory, distribution, custodian, transfer agent, administrative and other services.
- Sales literature preparation, regulatory compliance and use.
- Mergers and other reorganizations of mutual funds, insurance company separate accounts and other participants in the investment services industry.
- January 8, 2014
- May 23, 2012
- June 5, 2012 (Los Angeles-area)
- May 23, 2012 (Detroit) and May 24, 2012 (Chicago)
Articles & Alerts
- April 2010