Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
Washington University in St. Louis, J.D., 1988
University of Illinois, A.B., 1985
Harry Arger has been practicing law and trying cases for over 25 years. He is a seasoned litigator and is the Practice Group Leader of the Firm's Business Litigation Group. He has tried over 30 cases to verdict and has handled matters in which the amounts in controversy have ranged from hundreds of thousands of dollars to those involving hundreds of millions of dollars. He litigates on behalf of a variety of clients throughout Illinois, Missouri and the Midwest. His clients include mortgage companies, financial institutions, insurance carriers, municipalities, product manufacturers, service entities, railroads, public officials, and other professional individuals and entities. He concentrates his practice in the areas of consumer financial services, civil rights litigation, product liability litigation, commercial and business litigation, personal injury litigation, environmental litigation, asbestos and toxic tort litigation and railroad litigation. His representations include disputes involving mortgages, class actions, banking disputes, breach of fiduciary and other related duties, product liability, intellectual property, contracts and tort claims.
In addition to his trial work, Mr. Arger is an experienced arbitrator and regularly handles mediations and arbitrations through the American Arbitration Association and other alternative dispute resolution services. He is also an experienced appellate attorney, having handled and argued many appeals in various state and federal courts.
Mr. Arger has over 25 years' experience in
- Handling all aspects of case consultation and case management from the initial investigation through trial and any appeal
- Trial attorney in jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations
- Participating in appeals before the Illinois Appellate Courts, and the United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh, Eighth and Second Circuits
Recent significant decisions and trials include
- Sughayyer v. City of Chicago, et. al., Case No. 09 CV 4350, USDC N.D.Ill. Successful defense at jury trial for police department in civil rights case.
- Citibank v. Friedman & Wexler, et. al., Case No. 07 CH 33094, Cook County, Ill. Obtained injunction for bank in fraud case.
- White v. Northeast, et. al., Case No. 2009-1867, Ill. App. Ct., Cook County, Ill. Obtained defense verdict at jury trial for railroad in multimillion dollar death case and obtained affirmation on appeal.
- Edmonds v. Litton Loan Servicing, et. al., Case No. 0722CC-01110, 22nd Jud. Cir., St. Louis, Mo. Successful defense at jury trial for loan servicer in fraud case.
- Morgan v. Northeast, et. al., Case No. 09 L 6501, Cook County, Ill. Obtained dismissal at jury trial for railroad in multimillion dollar brain injury case.
- Faberware Licensing Company, LLC v. Meyer Marketing Co., Ltd., et. al., Case No. 09 CV 2570, USDC S.D.NY. Obtained defense verdict at jury trial for product licensee in multi-million dollar trademark infringement case.
- Berggren, et. al. v. Bang & Olufsen America, Inc., et. al., Case No. 02 L 11171, Cook County, Ill. Successful defense at trial for product manufacturer in alleged franchise violation case.
- Cardenas v. Capital Custom Homes, Inc., Case No. 07 L 182, Lake County, Ill. Successful defense at trial for construction company in million dollar injury case.
- "Pennington Decision Provides Support for Mortgage Companies in HAMP Cases," Co-Author with Brett J. NatarelliFall 2012Consumer Financial Services Newsletter
- January 11, 2016
- January 13, 2015
Awards & Recognition
Recognized in Illinois Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
Recognized as Top Attorney in Illinois, Chicago Magazine, 2013