Areas of Practice
- Illinois, 1988
- Missouri, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit, 2007
Washington University, J.D.
University of Illinois, A.B.
Mr. Arger, a member in the Firm since 1997, represents clients in a wide range of commercial and business matters. He concentrates his practice in the areas of consumer financial services, civil rights litigation, product liability litigation, commercial and business litigation and railroad litigation. Mr. Arger represents financial institutions, municipalities, product manufacturers and distributors, railroads, public officials, professional individuals and entities, and insurance carriers. His representations include a diverse assortment of litigation matters, including defense of consumer class actions, contract and tort claims, civil rights claims, copyright claims, environmental claims, information technology disputes, construction and real estate disputes.
- Involved in all aspects of consultation and case management from the initial investigation through trial
- Trial attorney in both jury and bench trials, and arbitrations
- Handled appeals before the Illinois Appellate Courts
- Participated in appeals before the United States Courts of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Second Circuit
- Sughayyer v. City of Chicago, et. al., Case No. 09 CV 4350, USDC N.D.Ill. Successful defense at jury trial for police department in civil rights case.
- Citibank v. Friedman & Wexler, et. al., Case No. 07 CH 33094, Cook County, Ill. Obtained injunction for bank in fraud case.
- White v. Northeast, et. al., Case No. 2009-1867, Ill. App. Ct., Cook County, Ill. Obtained defense verdict at jury trial for railroad in multimillion dollar death case and obtained affirmation on appeal.
- Edmonds v. Litton Loan Servicing, et. al., Case No. 0722CC-01110, 22nd Jud. Cir., St. Louis, Mo. Successful defense at jury trial for loan servicer in fraud case.
- Morgan v. Northeast, et. al., Case No. 09 L 6501, Cook County, Ill. Obtained dismissal at jury trial for railroad in multimillion dollar brain injury case
- Faberware Licensing Company, LLC v. Meyer Marketing Co., Ltd., et. al., Case No. 09 CV 2570, USDC S.D.NY. Obtained defense verdict at jury trial for product licensee in multi-million dollar trademark infringement case.
- Berggren, et. al. v. Bang & Olufsen America, Inc., et. al., Case No. 02 L 11171, Cook County, Ill. Successful defense at trial for product manufacturer in alleged franchise violation case.
- Cardenas v. Capital Custom Homes, Inc., Case No. 07 L 182, Lake County, Ill. Successful defense at trial for construction company in million dollar injury case.
- "Pennington Decision Provides Support for Mortgage Companies in HAMP Cases," Co-Author with Brett J. NatarelliFall 2012Consumer Financial Services Newsletter
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in Illinois SuperLawyers® for Business Litigation, 2013-2014