Areas of Practice
- Texas, 1995
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Texas A&M University, B.B.A., 1991
Will Liebmann is a Member of the Business Services Department and the Leader of the Corporate Finance Practice Group. He advises public and private companies on mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, private placements, joint ventures, and general corporate and partnership matters. He also counsels companies on corporate governance, financial reporting and disclosure, and SEC compliance issues. Will is a frequent speaker on corporate governance and securities regulation issues.
Will Liebmann advises companies on complex transactions and securities matters.
In the securities area, Will has worked for issuers and underwriters in a variety of industries on diverse types of transactions, including offerings of investment grade debt and common stock, 144A offerings, debt tenders, and consent solicitations.
Will has handled numerous merger and acquisition transactions and also has an excellent reputation of working effectively with government regulators to assist clients in structuring transactions in regulated industries.
His experience includes:
Acquisition of a Leading Resort Hotel
Will advised on the acquisition of a leading resort hotel located on Mackinac Island in Northern Michigan.
Acquisition of Solar Energy Company
Will represented a Texas-based retail electric provider in its strategic acquisition of one of the largest solar installers in Texas.
Acquisition of Packaging Producer and Supplier
Will represented a leading multi-national provider of total packaging solutions in its acquisition of a producer and supplier of thermoformed packaging solutions to the produce industry.
Formation of a Joint Venture Business that is a Leading Premium Wine and Spirits in the State of Michigan
Will advised on the formation of a partnership between two companies to form a joint venture that is a leading distributor of premium wine and spirits in the State of Michigan.
$41 million Sale of Wireless Communications Infrastructure Assets of the Largest Municipally-Owned Utility in the United States
Will advised the largest municipally owned electric and gas utility in the United States on the sale of its wireless communications infrastructure assets to a leading independent owner and operator of shared wireless communications assets for $41 million. The sale allowed the utility to better focus on its core business and pay down debt while still affording the utility the use of the communications infrastructure for its own purposes. Will assisted in both the asset sale and the negotiation of the ongoing operating agreement between the buyer and seller facilitating the shared use of the assets.
Sale of a Family-Owned Leading Beef Slaughterhouse that Supplies Beef Products to Customers Throughout the United States and Several Foreign Countries
Will advised the owners of a large family-owned beef slaughterhouse that is a mainstay of the south Texas cattle and agribusiness community.
Acquisition of Two Coronary Stent Companies by a Multinational Medical Device Company
Will advised a multinational medical device company in completing two acquisitions of coronary stent companies that owned complementary technologies. These acquisitions enhanced the client's intellectual property portfolio and its roster of skilled research and development and manufacturing personnel.
Acquisition of Leading Nebraska Alcoholic Beverage Wholesale Distributors by the Second Largest Distributor of Premium Wine and Spirits in the United States
Will counseled a client on two acquisitions of leading alcoholic beverage wholesale distributors located in the state of Nebraska, thereby establishing the client as the leading statewide wholesale distributor of wine and spirits in Nebraska.
Acquisition of a Leading Provider of Automated Fuel Purchasing and Management Systems by a Leading Distributor of Gasoline, Diesel, Propane and Lubricant Products in the Southwestern and South Central United States
Our client, a leading distributor of gasoline, diesel, propane and lubricant products in the southwestern and south central United States, completed its acquisition of a leading provider of automated fuel purchasing and management systems, which operated unattended fueling facilities in southern California and a fleet-fuel-cards business with more than 43,000 accounts. The acquisition effectively doubled the size of our client.
Combination of Two Well-Established Family-Owned Companies to Form the Second Largest Distributor of Premium Wine and Spirits in the United States
Will advised on combination of two long-term, well-established family-owned companies to form a joint venture that is the second largest distributor of premium wine and spirits in the United States with operations in 18 states.
In re TXCO Resources Inc., Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case No. 09-51807, pending in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Texas, San Antonio Division
Will advised a petroleum exploration and production company who were debtors in their jointly administered chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. Will played an instrumental role throughout the bankruptcy case, including putting in place a sale process, introducing potential purchasers, and ultimately negotiating the terms of a sale for approximately $310,000,000 of significantly all of the assets of debtors, which provided for the payment in full of the creditors’ claims with interest and a multi-million dollar return to equity.
Seminars & Speeches
- Unique Aspects of Securities Law, CLE Presentation, Texas Aggie Bar Association Annual ConferenceMarch 7, 2015
- Ethical Considerations When Open Records Laws and Data Protection Collide, CLE Presentation, American Public Power Association Legal AcademyOctober 22, 2014
- October 24, 2016
- October 30, 2015
- Legal Insight, Will Liebmann Discusses Hot Topics for 2015 with the San Antonio Business JournalJanuary 30, 2015
- SEC Whistleblower Program: Recent Enforcement Actions Indicate That Confidentiality Protections and Waivers Can Be Too TightAugust 24, 2016
- August 10, 2016
- January 28, 2016
- Has true equity crowdfunding finally arrived?December 22, 2015
- clawback (n.) /ˈklô,bak/: to get back by strenuous or forceful meansJuly 27, 2015
- August 31, 2012
- March 30, 2012
- 14 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 15, 2016
- 12 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 18, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- September 24, 2014
- August 22, 2013
- September 27, 2012
- September 6, 2012
- 50 Cox Smith Attorneys Named 2012 Best Lawyers in America; Firm is Top Listed in San Antonio in 26 CategoriesSeptember 9, 2011
Memberships & Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Electrical Cooperative Bar Association
- Cox Smith Department Head, Corporate
- Cox Smith Practice Group Leader, General Corporate and Securities
- Arts San Antonio, Board Member, Past Chairman
- Association for Corporate Growth (Central Texas Chapter), Executive Vice President
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Named by San Antonio Business Journal as the 2105 Outstanding Lawyer for Corporate Law.
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2011-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- Selected for inclusion as a "Texas Super Lawyer," Super Lawyers, 2012
- SA Scene, "San Antonio's Best Lawyers," 2008-2011, 2014