Areas of Practice
Emory University, J.D.
University of Texas at Austin, B.A.
Erin Dempsey's practice focuses on finance and real estate law. Ms. Dempsey has experience representing both borrowers and lenders in a broad range of debt and equity financings including construction, permanent and mezzanine financing involving hotels, office, warehouse, storage facilities, multifamily and shopping centers and represents lenders and borrowers in warehouse lines of credit. Ms. Dempsey has experience representing landlords and tenants in various commercial leasing matters on all property types on a local and national basis and has experience representing parties in private equity transactions including the acquisition of distressed debt portfolios secured by commercial real estate and the subsequent asset management activities.
In addition, Ms. Dempsey has experience in representing borrowers in connection with loans to be securitized and loan servicers in connection with the loan servicing of securitized loans.
- Represented senior lender in the negotiation of a subordination agreement with EB5 subordinate lender in connection with $78 million construction financing of hotel
- Represented seller in the $74 million sale of office building in Fort Worth, Texas
- Represented lender in the origination of $100 million loan on office building in Austin, Texas
- Represented parties in private equity transactions involving assisted living facilities in North Carolina and Texas
- Represented private equity group in the acquisition in the acquisition of commercial loan portfolios secured by real estate throughout the U.S.
- Represented financial institution as lead counsel in construction loan for assisted living facility in Orlando, Florida
- Represented private equity entity in obtaining $70 million revolving warehouse line of credit in a structured finance transaction secured by commercial loans and real estate throughout the U.S.
- Represented life insurance company in multiple multifamily financing transactions
- Represented TIC purchaser is structured finance acquisition of two multifamily apartment complexes
- Represented major electronics chain in office and warehouse leasing throughout the U.S.
- Represented tenant in 84,000 square foot lease of its corporate headquarters in Austin, Texas
- "Distressed Debt Acquisitions and Subsequent Workouts"2006CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Newsletter
- Strengthens Firm’s Regional Real Estate and Commercial Financing Capabilities; Continues Expansion of Growing Dallas OfficeJuly 20, 2009
Memberships & Involvement
- Texas Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- President and Board Member of Well Aware (2014 - Present)
- Lead volunteer for the annual Head for the Cure Foundation 5K Event in San Antonio, Texas (2014 - Present)