Areas of Practice
- Michigan, 1999
University of Michigan, J.D.
University of Nebraska, B.A.
Mr. Hauberg is the Director of Dykema's Real Estate and Environmental Department. His practice focuses on all aspects of selling, purchasing, leasing, financing and developing of real estate projects, including among others, healthcare facilities, automotive facilities, multi-family projects, shopping centers, office buildings, golf courses, industrial buildings, hotels and multi-asset portfolios. He regularly represents both sponsors and investors in the formation of joint ventures and other investment vehicles. He also regularly advises both borrowers, servicers and lenders in restructuring loan agreements, real estate workouts, and negotiating pre-bankruptcy settlements.
Mr. Hauberg specializes in servicing clients with national or regional projects both inside and outside Michigan, including national retailers, financial institutions, REITs, and Michigan-based real estate developers.
Mr. Hauberg is currently the Immediate Past President for the Michigan Chapter of CoreNet.
Mr. Hauberg's representative experience includes:
- Developers. Represents developers, including Robert Grooters Development Co., Kalabat Group, The Damone Group and Versa Development in the negotiation of joint venture agreements, development agreements, land use issues, leasing and other financing and real estate matters.
- Financial Institutions. Represents financial institutions, including Bank of America and national special servicers, on workout, restructuring, and foreclosure matters.
- REITs. Represents industrial and health care REITs in all aspects of operations including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, asset lending, sale/leaseback transactions, loan restructuring, healthcare regulatory compliance, and facility crisis resolution.
- Sears Holdings Corporation. Represents Sears and Kmart nationwide on appliance-store leasing, big box subleasing, acquisition, disposition, real estate dispute resolution, and real estate tax matters.
- Auto Suppliers. Represents auto suppliers in connection with facility leasing, financing, acquisition, and disposition matters.
- "Potential Green Lease Pitfalls"November/December, 2013The Leader
- "Legally Speaking -- Attorney/Broker Working Relationship"March/April, 2014The Leader
- Says Pending Sale of Two Southeast Michigan Malls Reflects Uptick in Area Property Values, Jobs DataJune 26, 2014
- Discuss Impact of “Going Green” on Commercial LeasesNovember 12, 2013
- Twenty-Three Other Dykema Lawyers Identified as Rising StarsSeptember 5, 2013
- June 13, 2012
- July 4, 2011Crain's Detroit Business
- November 14, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- 14 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 15, 2016
- May 27, 2016
- November 16, 2015
- September 8, 2015
- 12 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 18, 2015
- May 28, 2015
- November 20, 2014
- September 2, 2014
- Firm Receives 10 “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 18, 2014
- June 6, 2013
- Most Transactions in 2011 Among Michigan-Based FirmsJuly 17, 2012
Memberships & Involvement
- Michigan State Bar Association
- Michigan Chapter of CoreNet
- Metropolitan Affairs Coalition, Board of Directors
- Judson Center, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Member of the Governance Committee, Member of the Program & Policy Committee, Royal Oak, MI
Awards & Recognition
Named a Top Lawyer by dbusiness Magazine for Real Estate Law, 2015-2017
Named a Leading Real Estate Lawyer by Chambers USA, 2012-2016
Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® for Real Estate, 2012-Present
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law, 2014-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
Named a Michigan Leading Lawyer in the areas of Real Estate: Commercial and Real Estate: Finance Law by the Leading Lawyers Network, 2014-2016. Law Bulletin Publishing Company