Areas of Practice
- New York, 1998 (Inactive)
- Illinois, 2002
State University of New York at Buffalo, J.D., cum laude
- Law Review, Articles Editor
Syracuse University, B.A., summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Elizabeth Darke is an experienced transactional lawyer, concentrating her practice in real estate lending and acquisitions and dispositions. Ms. Darke represents institutional lenders nationwide in complex lending transactions, including construction loans, term loans, condominium conversions and mezzanine financings. In addition to commercial lending transactions, Ms. Darke has extensive experience representing purchasers and sellers of real estate property in all types of sales, acquisitions and financings.
Ms. Darke is also experienced in drafting and negotiating exchange agreements among railroads, railroad trackage rights agreements and other related matters on behalf of railroads.
Ms. Darke is the leader of Dykema's Real Estate Practice Group, and a former hiring partner in Chicago. She has served as an active member of the Firm's Recruiting Committee for many years. She was also in charge of the Summer Associate Program in Chicago.
Before moving to Chicago, Ms. Darke practiced in New York City for more than four years, where she represented developers in connection with the securitized financings of shopping malls, retail centers and other commercial properties located in New York, Massachusetts, California, Florida and other areas of the country.
- “Sip & Savor” Attendees Enjoy Evening of Food, Fun and Networking to Benefit Special Olympics ChicagoMay 30, 2014
- 14 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 15, 2016
- 12 Attorneys Receive “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 18, 2015
- Firm Receives 10 “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 18, 2014
- Nearly One in Four Dykema Practitioners Earn Distinction; Seven Merit “Lawyer of the Year” HonorsAugust 16, 2013
- More Than One in Four Dykema Practitioners Earn DistinctionAugust 23, 2012
Memberships & Involvement
- Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Building Owners and Managers Association of Suburban Chicago (BOMA/Suburban Chicago)
Awards & Recognition
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for Real Estate Law, 2013-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the area of Real Estate Law: Commercial, Real Estate Law: Finance, by the Leading Lawyers Network, 2014-2016. Law Bulletin Publishing Company