Dante A. Stella
To Dante Stella, the adage "information is power" is an everyday reality of complicated, high-stakes litigation. As an experienced litigator, a senior member of Dykema's data security and privacy group, and head of the discovery management and e-discovery team, he counsels clients in complex disputes involving voluminous or sensitive data, responses to data security incidents, and information governance.
Data is a major currency of 21st-century business, especially for the manufacturers, financial services firms, insurance companies, healthcare providers, and other clients Dante represents.
Managed and handled correctly, data can provide great benefits. When too much information that can be easily mined for litigation or where sensitive personal data ends up in the wrong hands, Dante creates solutions.
“ To quote a famous starship captain, 'I don't believe in the no-win scenario.' ”
- University of Michigan, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., magna cum laude
- L'Università Italiana per Stranieri, Perugia, Diploma di Quinto Grado
- Michigan, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2019
- The Sedona Conference Working Group 1 (Electronic Discovery)
- The Sedona Conference Working Group 11 (Data Security and Privacy Liability)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Corporate Affiliate
- American Bar Association (Litigation, Antitrust, and Science & Technology Sections)
- State Bar of Michigan (Litigation, Antitrust, and Information Technology Law Sections)
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Detroit Historical Society Board of Trustees
- Leadership Detroit, Class XXXVIII
Intern, Honorable Avern Cohn, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Dykema is proud to announce that XIFIN’s acquisition of OmniSYS, a deal led by Eric L. White, was…