Paul L. Nystrom
Paul Nystrom goes the distance for clients—literally.
He has appeared in state and federal courts across the country and before arbitration and mediation panels nationwide. Much of his practice involves defending automotive companies and product manufacturers in complex litigation matters, including product liability cases and class actions, but he also represents clients in complex commercial, contract, business, real estate, and healthcare disputes. Paul zealously advocates for his clients, but the truth is, he likes the fight, too.
Paul is a formidable adversary throughout all stages of litigation. In the product liability, commercial contract, and class action arenas, the technology and science involved can be perplexing. Yet, he has a knack for grasping how components and technology work and the technical engineering behind them.
In all types of cases, he quickly distills the issues and determines the best strategy for his clients. Because of these aptitudes, Paul easily converses with and cross-examines experts and simplifies difficult concepts to persuade judges and juries.
“ It angers me when clients are sued and don’t deserve it. I admit it—I get pretty fired up about defending them. ”
- Wayne State University, J.D., cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Michigan, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation; Product Liability Litigation, 2019-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, General Litigation, Personal Injury - Products: Defense, Class Action/Mass Torts:Defense and Land Use/Zoning, 2012-Present
Recognized by The Legal 500 United States for Automotive Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action, 2022
- Named a Top Lawyer by dbusiness Magazine, 2012
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that 194 of its attorneys, in multiple practice…
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that 180 of its attorneys, in multiple practice…
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that the firm’s Automotive Product Liability…