Dykema’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Launches Virtual Privacy Officer
Customized service on global data privacy and protection with 24/7 guidance
Dykema, a leading national law firm, today announced the launch of Virtual Privacy Officer (VPO) from the firm’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group. Dykema’s VPO enables clients to manage privacy, regulatory, and compliance obligations in one streamlined program. The program features 24/7 access to the most up-to-date tools and resources available for privacy and/or security matters.
As data privacy compliance challenges continue to increase for companies, Dykema’s VPO allows organizations to focus on day-to-day business knowing that solutions to privacy and cybersecurity questions are easily accessible if/when an issue may arise. Some of the features of VPO include:
- Customizable tiered pricing options;
- Point-of-contact for internal client legal and business stakeholders;
- Intake, coordination, and response to data subject rights requests;
- Drafting of and advising on language for internal privacy policies and procedures, and a variety of data protection agreements and privacy notices;
- Advising client information security team regarding the application and scope of applicable laws;
- Directing and coordinating regulatory filings;
- Developing and conducting employee and independent contractor training;
- Internal breach management and coaching;
- Coordinating with vendors to accomplish data mapping, implementation of software products, and addressing incidents;
- Coordinating with Dykema firm resources to develop applicable law analysis, 50-state/international law surveys, large-scale contract review and mapping, and ongoing continuous regulatory action analysis; and
- Acting as a client representative in discussions with vendors, customers, and regulators.
“Our approach and emphasis on providing extraordinary service to our clients led us to the development of Dykema’s VPO,” said Cinthia Granados Motley, Director of Dykema’s Global Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice. “Exposure resulting from privacy and cybersecurity risks is a paramount concern for nearly every company in today’s business climate. Organizations can confidently rely on Dykema’s VPO as their go-to privacy and cybersecurity resource when looking for the best guidance possible for their business.”
Dykema’s new VPO service comes off the heels of the firm’s data privacy and cybersecurity group’s formation of its Pixel and AdTech Privacy Task Force, which assists global corporations with advertising and marketing efforts while navigating the complexities of data usage and exchange and the related regulations governing consumer data. The practice group also offers an experienced Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) Team to help companies defend against BIPA-related class action suits. These are just a few of the multitude of services Dykema’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group offers to clients.
As the data privacy and cybersecurity landscape continues to evolve, Dykema is committed to providing clients with a holistic approach to help them navigate challenges with customizable, organizational-specific solutions to achieve their business objectives.
About Dykema’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice
Privacy and cybersecurity risks, and the exposures they present, are a primary concern for companies in every industry. Essential to every business is the ability to protect its data and to have uninterrupted use of its networks. The Dykema team is a multidisciplinary group of attorneys with extensive experience working closely with clients to address and reduce their privacy and cybersecurity risks and exposures.
Dykema’s data privacy and cybersecurity attorneys are available 24/7 to assist clients in the aftermath of a security incident. We also help clients to mitigate and contain regulatory and litigation exposure, as well as cyber risk. We understand that responsiveness and customer service are critical to your business, just as they are critical to ours.