Michael S. Kurtzon
Michael Kurtzon has more than 35 years of experience in providing legal services to the real estate industry.
Michael counsels institutional real estate lenders on a national basis in a variety of complex lending matters including loan workouts and restructurings. He regularly represents real estate development companies in residential and commercial construction and development projects, including mixed-use projects, land acquisitions and development, financing and documentation for condominiums, and other for-sale housing projects. He also represents real estate investors and owners in acquisitions and dispositions of properties, securitized debt financings, and negotiation of architectural and construction agreements, as well as landlords and tenants in leasing transactions.
“ Michael is very smart, practical and gets deals done. He’s a really good lender-side attorney. ”
- University of Chicago, J.D.
- Cornell University, A.B.
- Illinois, 1973
Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer for Real Estate by Chambers USA, 2011-2023
Named a "Top Ten" Illinois Leading Lawyer for Real Estate Law in 2016 and 2017 by Leading Lawyers Network, Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the area of Real Estate: Associations & Condominiums, Real Estate: Commercial and Real Estate: Finance by the Leading Lawyers Network, 2003-2017. Law Bulletin Publishing Company
Recognized in Illinois Super Lawyers® for Real Estate: Business, 2011-Present
- Recognized in Law & Politics as an Illinois Super Lawyer for Real Estate, 2005-2010
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Real Estate Law, 1983-Present. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
- Recipient of an AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
- Chicago Bar Association Real Property Finance Committee
- American Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
As interest rates continue to climb, securing financing for new (or existing) real estate projects…
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that 194 of its attorneys, in multiple practice…
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that it received 29 individual attorney…