The demand for new sources of alternative and renewable energy is one of the most pressing challenges facing today’s energy industry. Dykema’s cross-disciplinary team of energy attorneys and other professionals is experienced in delivering comprehensive, cost-effective solutions to energy clients seeking to meet tomorrow’s challenges today.
We represent clients at all levels of complex transactions in developing wind, biomass, solar and geothermal facilities. We give guidance on matters that entail real estate, finance, construction, regulatory and contract law issues.
Our clients have benefited from our deep level of experience and knowledge in areas such as:
- Representation of biogas producers in partnerships with public and private entities that provide raw materials for biogas production and marketing.
- Representation of purchaser as local counsel in the acquisition of a multiphase wind turbine power facility and in the implementation of power purchase agreement with transmission company in regard to this facility.
- Represent multiple electric utilities and alternative electric suppliers related to compliance with renewable energy plans and renewable portfolio standards.
- Regularly advise wind turbine power facilities as to regulatory approvals for construction of facilities and legality of power purchase agreements.
- Represent a consortium of utilities in drafting, implementing, and complying with energy optimization plans, standards, and requirements.
- Wind Zone Line—In a case of first impression, Dykema represented a transmission provider in obtaining regulatory approval for a transmission line that will enable significant wind power development.
- Represented a national bank in connection with its issuance of direct pay letters of credit to support tax-exempt and taxable variable rate demand bonds issued by state development and finance authorities to finance the acquisition, construction, installation and equipping of four landfill gas to energy projects in Illinois and Arizona.