Dykema's land use and zoning lawyers are recognized as among the best in the field. Our lawyers have the essential experience needed to assist developers through the complicated landscape of local and state rules, regulations and laws in order to obtain all entitlements to successfully complete land projects. We are familiar with the local municipal forums that confront developers and we have substantial experience before both local and state boards and commissions. While our goal is to efficiently assist clients in navigating the legal and regulatory process, where necessary we have the depth of skills required to protect our clients rights and achieve a successful outcome in litigation.
We also provide major regional and national developers, financial institutions, telecommunications companies, utilities, commercial firms and health care companies with sound, creative counsel on all facets of zoning and land use law. Our land use and zoning lawyers are backed by the experience of the firm’s environmental, regulatory and litigation teams, further strengthened by the firm’s strong relationships with regulators and key local, state and federal government contacts.
Representative work in this area includes:
- Routinely represent land developers with respect to zoning and land use approvals, including site plan approval, re-zoning, variances, planned unit developments, special land use permits, subdivision, right of way vacation and dedication, conditional zoning, tax increment financing and other government incentives, and related litigation and appeals.
- Represent various wireless telecommunication and wireless tower construction companies with regard to zoning approvals and related litigation under the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Handle all aspects of development, land acquisition, due diligence and regulatory approvals.
- Represent landowners with regard to plat vacations and/or condominium developments.
- Stephen Estey to Continue Serving as Chair of the State Bar of Michigan Zoning and Land Use Committee through 2015October 8, 2014
- Bruce Goldsmith Will Moderate and Present at March 27 Conference That Takes Comprehensive Look at Real Estate Development Trends in IllinoisMarch 7, 2014
- December 17, 2013
- August 12, 2013
- July 26, 2013
- November 7, 2012
- November 14, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- September 1, 2016
- August 15, 2016
- November 16, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- September 8, 2015
- August 18, 2015
- November 20, 2014
- November 3, 2014
- July 17, 2012
- October 27, 2011
- "'Concealed Carry' is law: So now what for property owners?"Crains Chicago BusinessJuly 25, 2013
- Guidance Update, Vapor Intrusion - A Complimentary Briefing, Detroit, MichiganOctober 15, 2014
- The Uniform Condemnation Procedures Act ("UCPA"): Pitfalls and Practical Considerations, International Right of Way Association, Michigan Chapter 7, Fall Education SeminarSeptember 2013