Law360 Profiles Dykema’s Cannabis Team as a 2022 “Practice Group of the Year”
Dykema’s Cannabis Team was profiled by Law360 as part of its recognition as a “Practice Group of the Year” in Cannabis Law for 2022. In the profile, "Cannabis Group Of The Year: Dykema," Law360 highlighted Dykema's work representing a coalition of Michigan cannabis cultivators in a successful effort to rewrite a host of state policies and helped steer the sale of a large vertically integrated cannabis operator to a Canadian firm.
The article highlighted some of the firm's recent successes including:
- Dykema's representation of the Michigan Cannabis Manufacturers Association in lobbying for a bold makeover of Michigan's laws and regulations to benefit its clients.
- The firm's instrumental in pushing Michigan lawmakers to pass legislation that regulated delta-8-THC, along with other cannabis products, including bringing delta-8 under the purview of Michigian's seed-to-sale tracking system.
- Dykema's representation of cannabis company Pharmaco Inc. in its acquisition by Red White & Bloom, a publicly traded Canadian marijuana firm. As part of the deal, Dykema steered the transfer of 21 medical and recreational marijuana business licenses, as well as 22 properties that could be developed into cultivation or retail sites.
According to Law360, its Practice Group of the Year awards honor the law firms behind the litigation wins and major deals that prevailed throughout the legal industry in the past year. This marks the third time in the past four years that Dykema has received "Practice Group of the Year" honors, as Dykema earned the same honor for Transportation Law in both 2021 and 2019.
Dykema's Cannabis Team has received several notable pieces of recognition over the past few years, including:
- Chambers USA nationally ranking the firm in Cannabis Law multiple times,
- Legal 500 naming the firm a top firm for Cannabis Law nationally multiple times,
- The National Law Journal naming both Lance Boldrey (2020) and John Fraser (2021) Trailblazers in Cannabis Law,
- Cannabis Law Report named a "Top 200 Cannabis Lawyer" multiple times,
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly named Lance Boldrey a "Leader in the Law," due in part to him being at the forefront of the development of a licensed and regulated cannabis industry in Michigan, and
- Crain's Chicago Business named Andrew Scott as a "Notable Gen X Leader" due in part to his role as an integral part of the Cannabis industry's expansion in Chicagoland and Illinois.