Carl Rashid, Jr.
Carl Rashid is a leader among Michigan’s property tax lawyers. He has represented public and private interests in assessment appeals, valuation disputes, and tax and economic incentives involving industrial, office, medical and assisted living, and multitenant retail properties.
While Carl has contributed to some of the most significant economic development initiatives in Detroit and Southeast Michigan, such as securing for an automotive manufacturer what remains the largest economic tax incentive in state history, not all of his clients are Fortune 500 corporations. He also counsels small businesses, closely held companies, investors, and individuals in state and local real estate and personal property valuation disputes as well as condemnation and government affairs matters.
“ I assist clients in reducing their overhead without impacting their cash flow. It is a win-win situation for clients. ”
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- St. Joseph's College, B.S.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Tax Court
- Named Detroit “Lawyer of the Year” for Litigation and Controversy - Tax by The Best Lawyers in America® in 2016, 2017 and 2019. Copyright 2015 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for Eminent Domain, Condemnation Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Litigation and Controversy, Real Estate Litigation, Real Estate Law, and Tax Law, 2010-Present
- Named a Michigan Leading Lawyer in the areas of Land Use , Zoning & Condemnation, Real Estate: Tax, and Tax: Business Law by the Leading Lawyers Network, 2014-2018. Law Bulletin Publishing Company
- Named a Top Lawyer by dbusiness Magazine for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law; Franchise Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Municipal Law, Real Estate Litigation, Real Estate Law, Tax Litigation and Controversy and Tax Law, 2011, 2013-2020
- Recognized in Michigan Super Lawyers® for Tax, Real Estate, and Eminent Domain, 2009-2013
- Recipient of an AV® Preeminent™ Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association - Committees on Real Property and Taxation
- Former Member of Beaumont Health Finance Committee and former Oakwood Healthcare, Inc. Board of Trustees
- YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit, Board of Directors, Member
- City of Grosse Pointe, City Councilman
Assistant Corporation Counsel, City of Detroit
Areas of client focus
180 Dykema Lawyers Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 and Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch”
Dykema, a leading national law firm, announced today that 180 of its attorneys, in multiple practice…
Carl Rashid to Moderate Tax Session in MICPA Conference
Carl Rashid will serve as moderator in the session, “Ask the Experts: Personal & Real Property Tax…
2022 Real and Personal Property Tax Appeals
The 2022 tax assessment of real and personal property have been determined by the local Assessor and…